Wayne MacDonald is a 7th Dan Black Belt and World Chief Instructor of Karate Budokan International (KBI). KBI is a global organization with thousands of members in over 9 countries.
Wayne is a former multiple State, National and World champion athlete and now a leading School owner, Instructor and an international accredited coach in Sports Karate.
Commencing Karate training at the age of 11 and learning the art of teaching children’s classes at the age of 16 started Wayne on a journey that would improve the lives of literally tens of thousands of students around the world!
Passionate about the Sport aspect of Karate at 18, Wayne was the youngest member of the Australian senior Karate team in 1986, proudly representing his country for the first time in front of family and friends at the only World Championship that has been held in Australia. Wayne went on to represent his country 15 times over the next 17 years.
Wayne and his wife Donna Sutor established the Karate Budokan World headquarters in beautiful Noosa Heads, Australia in 1996 after relocating to Queensland from Sydney. Under the guidance of Shihan & Donna this Dojo and its team of Sensei’s have taught over 2600 students the art of Budokan Karate, over 362 of those have graduated to the rank of 1st Dan Black Belt and Beyond! The knowledge that its never too early to build self esteem has lead life skills programs being developed from 3 year olds to Adults, all training in their own specific age based curriculum.
Many of Wayne’s students have followed his path of becoming a Sensei and others have also chosen to follow his path of athlete within the World Karate Federation competitions with amazing results: 21 Australian National Champions, 10 Oceania Champions, 4 Commonwealth Champions and a World Youth Cup Champion.
In his role as World Chief Instructor Wayne visits Budokan Dojos in Australia and around the World to train and asses students and instructors to maintain the level of quality that is expected and demanded by himself and his Sensei, friend and mentor Richard Chew the Karate Budokan Head of Style.
Wayne is also a leading consultant in the business of martial arts. Guiding students, sensei’s and school owners to achieving their personal best.
Wayne & Donna are the proud, loving parents of two martial artists of their own, their son Ajae and daughter Halle.
Wayne MacDonald SHIHAN Sport Karate competition history:
- 7 times Consecutive New South Wales Kumite (sparring) Champion
- 4 times Queensland Kumite Champion
- 5 times Australian National Kumite Champion
- 4 times Australian Open Kumite Champion
- 4 times National Silver Medallist
- 2 times Karate Budokan World Champion
- Kota Kinabalu International Male Open Kumite Champion
- Top 16 WKF World championships, Cairo, Egypt
Wayne MacDonald SHIHAN Sport Karate coaching history:
- Queensland Head Kumite Coach
- Australian National strength & conditioning coach 2003, 2004, 2005
- Australian National Kumite Coach, Commonwealth 2005
- Personal coach to 21 Australian champions
- Personal coach to 10 Oceania champions
- Personal coach to 4 Commonwealth champions
- Personal coach to a World Karate Federation World Youth Cup champion